Fecha actual 15 Ago 2018 13:33

Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
 Why does my computer only turn on once unless I unplug it?? 
Autor Mensaje
Explorador

Puntos de reputación: 0
Nota Why does my computer only turn on once unless I unplug it??
Hello,

brand new computer:

Core 2 Duo 3.16 Ghz E8500
OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU cooler
Asus P5QC motherboard
OCZ DDR2 PC2-8000 2x2048 platinum edition
Asus EN9800GT 512
Samsung 750GB x 2
Samsung SATA DVD-RW DL
Corsair HX520W
Antec three hundred
Windows XP 32-bit
When I turn on the computer, everything boots fine. The problem is when I shut it off. If I go into windows and select Start > Shutdown, the computer will successfully shutdown, but it will not boot again if I press the power button to turn it back on.
When I press the power button to power it back up, the computer will power on, the fans will start to spin, the hdd led light will light up, the optical drive will start spinning, but after about three seconds, the system will power off and shut down. It remains off for about two seconds, and then automatically powers itself back on, but appears to be... sleeping? There is no video signal, no beeps, no hdd activity. only the fans spinning.
The only way to get the system to boot again is to kill the power to the power supply, wait for the motherboard power LED light to go out, and then flip the switch back. Then I will be able to push the power button and the system will POST and boot into windows normally without any errors. If I shutdown, the same problem occurs.
I have tried without EPU-6 engine installed and with Express Gate enabled and disabled, but it makes no difference. I have cleared the CMOS with the CLRTC jumper, I have reinstalled Windows three times, I have changed displays, changed video cards (with an EVGA 8600GT) but the problem persists.
The only changes I have made to the default BIOS settings is that I am using RAID 1, and the ram voltage is set to 2.1 as per the OCZ spec, timings are 5-5-5-18, and clock is 1002Mhz. http://www.ocztechnology.com/p...2gb_platinum_edition
I have also tried with all default values in the BIOS and the same thing happens.
I can't find any problem like this after searching the net. There is the possibility that I have not configured something properly, but I don't know what it could be?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=94266
Promo video company

Thank you

15 May 2018 15:33
Perfil Enviar mensaje privado
Responder al tema   [ 1 mensaje ]